Ant and Dec speak out as Saturday Night Takeaway cancelled tonight

Tonight’s instalment of Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway has been dropped from ITV’s schedule.

Usually, every series of entertainment show contains seven episodes. But so far, only four episodes have aired. At the end of last week’s show, the live audience booed when Dec confirmed there will be a longer wait than usual for the next show.

He said: “Remember we’re not here next week because of the rugby, but we’ll be back in two weeks’ time.”

Instead, Saturday Night Takeaway has been replaced by coverage of a Six Nations double-header. The channel will broadcast Ireland vs Scotland before England take on France in the rugby union competition on March 19.

In a social media post, shared on Thursday, Ant and Dec said: “Remember there’s no show this weekend as we pass Saturday night over to the rugby. But they’re only borrowing it!

“We’ll be keeping your Takeaway warm until it all kicks off again in the studio next Saturday, March 26.”

Ant and Dec fans expressed their disappointment but said they were excited about its return.

Heidi-Jade said: “Gutted going to really miss you guys.”

Hollie tweeted: “I’m so disappointed that there is no show this Saturday going to miss it so much.”

Dillon added: “I can’t wait for Saturday Night Takeaway to be back on.”

And Tasha said: “I will miss watching it this Saturday.”

Receive newsletters with the biggest and breaking TV and showbiz news by signing up here

Leave a Comment