The NRL star’s wife took to social media for the first time since charge against her husband were laid.
NRL star George Burgess’ wife left a cryptic post on social media after it was revealed her husband was facing a sexual touching allegation.
The St George Illawarra Dragons player, 29, was arrested and charged by NSW Police with sexually touching a person without consent.
The English professional rugby league footballer is due to face court in April over the alleged incident that occurred in Sydney earlier this month.
Burgess’ wife Joanna took to Instagram on Wednesday morning where she first posted images and videos of her outfit and being with her children to her story.
But, she later re-shared a photo of herself and her husband.
It was dated March 23, 2014, which was before they were married.
It’s the first time the mother took to social media since the charge was ugly.
The couple married in Noosa in 2016 and share three children together, Boston, aged 4, Birdie, 3, and Blainey, 2.
The Burgess’ relocated to the UK in 2019, after George left the South Sydney Rabbitohs and signed a three-year deal with England’s Wigan Warriors.
They returned to Australia with the front-rower signing a two-year deal with the Dragons, keeping him with the club until at least the end of the 2023 NRL season.
In a statement issued by the St George Illawarra Dragons, the club said it was made aware of a matter involving one of its players by the NRL integrity unit.
“The Dragons are working closely with all parties as the matter is under police investigation,” the statement read.
“The Dragons will be making no further comment at this stage.”
Despite the allegation, Burgess was listed to play in this Thursday’s match against the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks.
The club said it was required to name a 24-man squad on Tuesday afternoon because of the league’s strict team selection process.
“The Dragons are yet to receive the necessary and required information pertaining to the Burgess matter and therefore cannot come to a decision on the player’s availability for Round 3.”