7:23pm PDT, May 18, 2022
Harry Styles talks working with Olivia Wilde on ‘Don’t Worry Darling’
With Harry Styles’ new album, “Harry’s House,” dropping just weeks after his girlfriend, Olivia Wilde, unveiled “Don’t Worry Darling,” the film she directed him in, Harry is very much in the spotlight right now. And he’s choosing his words carefully. While chatting with Howard Stern on the shock jock’s Sirius XM show on Wednesday, May 18, Howard minced no words when he asked how Harry’s romance with the director began. “You fell in love on a movie set?” Howard inquired. “Oh, wow, how to answer this question?” said Harry, who, like Olivia, has refrained from discussing the relationship publicly. “I had a wonderful experience being directed by Olivia,” Harry said in measured tones. “I think there is something that obviously … acting is very uncomfortable at times. I think you have to trust a lot,” he continued. “Being able to trust your director is a gift.” Fans waiting for a juicy conclusion, however, will have to keep waiting. “That was very helpful, and it really meant for a really nice experience working on that movie,” he said, coyly. Harry, 28, reportedly met Olivia, 38, on the set of “Don’t Worry Darling” in the fall of 2020. They were photographed holding hands at a wedding in January 2021, and appear to have spent much of their time together since, including while Harry was on tour. “What started out as a close friendship, quickly turned romantic,” a source told People at the time, adding that “everyone” around them on set “saw it coming.” Olivia, for her part, has also managed to dodge direct questions about her beau while expertly praising his work on her film. When she showed the trailer at CinemaCon last month, People reported she called Harry’s performance “truly a revelation.” Harry’s new album is out Friday.
Keep reading for more news …
RELATED: ‘Gossip Girl’ star Jessica Szohr says ‘yes’ to NHL star, plus more celeb engagements of 2022
Nick Cannon hints baby No. 8 will be his last, explains tribute to ex, Mariah Carey
Nick Cannon may be nearing the end of his baby-making days as he awaits the arrival of his eighth child. In fact, he says he’s exploring medical options to prevent a further expansion of his family. “I don’t know if I would’ve designed it this way, but it’s one of those things … I find solace, I find peace in my children and I find purpose,” he said in an interview with E!’s Daily Pop on Tuesday, May 17, admitting he’s “not out here looking” to have more. “I already went and got my vasectomy consultation. I ain’t looking to populate the Earth completely, but I’m definitely looking forward to taking care and loving all the children that I currently have,” said Nick, whose expectant girlfriend, Bre, will be the sixth woman he’s had children with when their baby is born. “I do have the guilt of not having enough time to spend with all of my children, as we all do because we’re working and constantly going,” he added. Later in the interview, Nick addressed another regret — the behavior that caused Mariah to end their marriage in 2014. Asked about his Valentine’s Day single, the Mariah-inspired track, “Alone,” the “Masked Singer” star clarified, “it wasn’t that I wanted her back,” as many fans and critics assumed. “It was me acknowledging that I did wrong and that I lost one of the greatest gifts that I had ever had in my life,” said Cannon. “The song was about, you know, ‘I’m a bad guy this and bad things that ended up leaving me alone and she left me alone.'”
Sarah Jessica Parker says she hasn’t spoken with Chris Noth since sexual assault allegations surfaced
Sarah Jessica Parker says she has not spoken with her longtime “Sex and the City” co-star Chris Noth since he was accused in 2021 of sexual assault by two women. In an interview published this week, SJP — who starred in and co-produced the “SATC” reboot, “And Just Like That …,” which also featured Chris — was asked how she responded “as a producer” when the allegations surfaced. “I don’t even know if I’m ready to talk about it, but I don’t think … I wasn’t reacting as a producer,” she told The Hollywood Reporter (which also published Chris’ accusers’ claims). “I should have worked on this because I’m just … it’s just …,” she continued, apparently caught off-guard. Asked if she’d spoken to Chris since the allegations were made, she simply replied, “No.” Chris has denied the allegations, calling them “categorically false” in a statement and saying that even “decades ago” when the incidents allegedly took place, “no always means no,” and “that is a line I did not cross.” His character was still cut from the show’s finale and he was axed from his CBS series, “The Equalizer.” Sarah Jessica, along with her “And Just Like That …” co-stars Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon, also issued a statement at the time. “We are deeply saddened to hear the allegations against Chris Noth,” they wrote. “We support the women who have come forward and shared their painful experiences. We know it must be a very difficult thing to do and we commend them for it.”
Jennifer Lopez breaks down in tears after Oscars snub in teaser for new Netflix doc
When Jennifer Lopez failed to score an Oscar nomination for her buzzy performance as a stripper turned criminal mastermind in “Hustlers,” the triple-threat star broke down in tears. The moment appears in a new trailer for JLo’s new Netflix documentary, “Halftime.” “It was hard,” says Jen, 52, in a voiceover. “I just had a very low self esteem. … I had to really figure out who I was and believe in that and not believe in anything else.” The teaser shows some of why she was so let down by the Oscars snub, including reports from industry insiders indicating she was a shoe-in that were brought to Jen’s attention. “I was like, “OK, when you’re … in everybody else’s mind supposed to be nominated and you’re not, what does that mean?” she recalls in the clip. “It came to a point where I was like, ‘This is not why I do this. I don’t do this to have 10 Oscars sitting on my mantel or 20 Grammys.'” The teaser also reveals how Jen’s reacted to negative and objectifying comments made about her over the years, whether by comics like Jimmy Kimmel, critics, or reporters. At one point, Jen’s fiance Ben Affleck recalls her telling him she “expected” the negativity. It doesn’t seem to slow her down. As she says later while preparing for her Super Bowl Halftime Show: “My whole life I have been battling to be heard, to be seen, to be taken seriously.” “Halftime” premieres on Netflix on June 14.
Meghan McCain reveals the sole ‘View’ co-star she’s still friendly with
Despite the many arguments Meghan McCain had with her co-hosts on “The View,” she’s maintained a friendship with one of the stars since her 2021 exit. “Sunny [Hostin] is one of the greatest TV presences in all of television,” Meghan said on a new edition of the “Reality with The King” podcast. “I keep telling her she should have her own show, I don’t know why MSNBC isn’t trying to poach her for Rachel Maddow’s spot.” Meghan left “The View” in August 2021, after nearly four years as a co-host, much of which time she spent fighting openly about politics with Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg. “She’s by far the most politically savvy person on that show. And extremely curious in a way I didn’t find anyone else I worked with. Like, curious about different aspects of politics,” Meghan said of Sunny. “She’s the only cast member I still have a relationship with,” she added. “I have such love for her and respect for her. She’s a really good person and she didn’t demonize me the way a lot of other people did, for whatever that’s worth.” Back in November 2021, Sunny opened up to The Cut about her friendship with Meghan, saying of the conservative star, “I certainly don’t share any of her opinions … at all … about anything …” But at the end of the day, “her experience is her experience.”
Joe Alwyn reacts to Taylor Swift’s honorary NYU doctorate
“Conversations With Friends” star Joe Alwyn made a rare comment about his girlfriend of nearly six years, Taylor Swift, this week, as she accepted an honorary Doctor of Fine Arts degree from New York University on Wednesday, May 18. “It’s an incredible honor, it’s absolutely amazing,” Joe gushed to “Extra” when asked about her achievement. Taylor also gave the commencement speech to NYU grads at Yankee Stadium during the ceremony, where she shared a few adorable “life hacks” and made more than a few jokes at her own expense. “Getting canceled on the internet and nearly losing my career gave me an excellent knowledge of all the types of wine,” she quipped at one point, before getting more serious. “Hard things will happen to us, we will recover, we will learn from it,” Taylor said. “We will grow more resilient because of it. As long as we are fortunate enough to be breathing, we will breathe in, breathe through, breathe deep, breathe out …” She paused, then joked, “I’m a doctor now so I know how breathing works.”
Travis Scott’s foundation grants $1M in scholarships to HBCU students
Travis Scott’s Cactus Jack Foundation has awarded $1 million total in scholarships to 100 graduating seniors at Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), the organization announced on Tuesday, May 17. The rapper, 30, launched the fund in the fall of 2020, in honor of his grandfather, Waymon Webster, who was a dean at his alma mater, Prairie View A&M University. The first round of scholarship awards were distributed in 2021. “Excellence abounds in every Black household, but too often opportunity does not — and Black students are left behind or counted out,” Travis said in a statement. “So that’s what my family and I set out to change. We congratulate all 100 scholarship recipients this year. I know we will see great things from them — and we are already looking forward to increasing our work next year.” Travis, who shares two kids with Kylie Jenner, has made education access central to the mission of his foundation, which also operates programs for high school and middle school students in Travis’ hometown of Houston.