Mass shooting at San Antonio BBQ leaves 2 dead, 5 injured

At least two people were killed and five others injured in a mass drive-by shooting Saturday night in San Antonio, a local police chief said.

The seven people were shot around 10 p.m. as a family was having a barbecue outside a house, while several children were inside, San Antonio Police Department Chief William McManus told reporters during of a press conference.

McManus said an unknown number of people walked past the house and “unloaded” between 20 and 30 rounds. Two of the victims are women and the other five are men; their ages range between 20 and 40, he told reporters.

He also revealed that six children were inside the house when shots were fired, but were not injured.

“Luckily they weren’t in front,” he said.

Latest on a shooting that occurred a little after 10 p.m. in the 2500 block of Patron, on the south side of the city.
At least two people were killed and five others injured in a mass drive-by shooting.
Facebook/San Antonio Police Department

McManus said police did not have descriptions of the suspects and had “a few theories” about the motive for the shooting, while warning that the investigation was in its early stages.

“So far, seven people have fired in front of the house having a barbecue, a drive-by, several shots, two dead, five injured. Two women, five men,” he summed up. “Two dead men.”

Leave a Comment