Trade whispers, player movement, out of contract, free agents, Jason Horne-Francis, Luke Jackson

An under-fire North Melbourne star’s contract status has been overstated, with the star apparently ‘certain’ to see out his current deal.

Additionally, one of the biggest unsigned players in the game may increase his price in the coming weeks.

Get all the latest news on player movements in AFL Trade Whispers!

Watch every AFL blockbuster game this weekend live and ad-free on Kayo. New to Kayo? Try free for 14 days >

Watts advises Horne-Francis to leave | 00:49

HORNE-FRANCIS WATERPROOF ON THE FUTURE

Jason Horne-Francis is said to be certain to see out his contract until the end of 2023 with North Melbourne despite much speculation over his future.

Horne-Francis has shown signs of frustration this season as the side have managed just one win for the season so far, with the 12-man player seen arguing – and walking away – from the 286-game veteran ruckman Todd Goldstein on the halftime siren before hitting Giants star Josh Kelly high with a swingarm – an incident that saw him accept a two-game suspension from the MRO.

Former Port Adelaide star Kane Cornes said this week the number one choice is ‘making noise he wants out’ of the club, despite having just a dozen games left in his contract two years with the club.

The Herald Sun reported on Friday that Horne-Francis and teammate Tarryn Thomas are certain to see their contracts for 2023 and 2024 respectively, as well as Horne-Francis conceding within the club that he must learn to control his frustrations over the field.

Foxfooty.com.au understands that those close to Horne-Francis are baffled by speculation over the midfielder’s contract, given that he runs until the end of next year.

Horne-Francis’ attitude at the club has been portrayed as an 18-year-old with big ambitions and a desire to be the best player he can be as soon as possible and he continues to have unwavering support despite external criticism of his body language on the pitch.

His frustrations can also be attributed to playing in a team he is not yet able to dramatically influence, although he was able to do so in his dominant performances at junior level before being drafted. at the end of last year.

Thomas was dropped last week, with the club claiming the 2019 No.8 pick failed to meet team standards in training.

Tigers move into 8 as Blues battle | 02:52

CONTRACT OFFER APPROACH FOR KEY DEE

Melbourne ruck/striker Luke Jackson has reportedly received an “extremely attractive” offer from Fremantle as the team try to lure him to his home in Western Australia at the end of the year.

SEN’s Sam Edmund reported this week that Fremantle’s intentions will “become clearer over this weekend off”.

“The player movement space is full of talk that Fremantle have presented an extremely attractive offer in terms of finances and tenure,” he said.

“Meanwhile, the Dockers have largely delayed presenting new contracts to their out-of-contract players in the first half of the year, suggesting they are just putting pennies aside.”

Jackson is expected to take on a lot more responsibility in the rucks in the coming weeks, with captain Max Gawn out with an ankle injury.

Speaking on Fox Footy, David King, two-time premier of North Melbourne, said Jackson’s performance over the next month would be telling.

“We’ll find out in a month, isn’t it without Max there (how much Jackson is worth),” he said.

“You always get overs to leave; you’re looking north of $700,000 and probably approaching it to stay fair.

“You’re not going home to the west coast, you’re probably only going back to Fremantle. You’re not going to play in a rebuilding team, what’s the point for six years?

Leave a Comment